In engineer’s work or hobbyst we must use computers and tools. We need dedicated programs to simulate, design or do equations for projects. In this article I will describe some electronics programs. This article is good for beginners.
- Libre Office Calc – something like excel but free, for equation
- SciLab – charts, equation or macros, can count integral derivative etc.
- KiCad – design PCB and schematics, also can show 3d model
- LTSpice – simulation circuit AC/DC/transient
- Saturn PCB Toolkit – small program/calculator for vias, mm to mils converter, max current for track, impedance line
- Viewmate – gerber file viewer.
- Mentor Graphics – the biggest program to simulate, design, signal integrity PCB , schematic and component library
- Altium Designer – small mentor 😀 program to design
- PSpice – in students version free, simulate program
- National Instruments Multisim – program for simulation( have a virtual osciloscope or vector analyzer run in real time in schematic)
- National Instruments LabVIEW -graphical programming to connect and programming transmission with USB, RS232, GPIB or PXI electronics instruments
- Older design programms Eagle, Protel
- Excel for equation macros charts etc
- CST – simulation antenas microstrips RF components
miniprograms for connect some devices:
putty – terminal rs232, usb, telnet, ssh